Uniting for Children and Youth – UCY is a grassroots group of Ottawa-Outaouais citizens wanting to improve the wellbeing of young people and the world they are inheriting. Volunteers created it and run it, and it has no political affiliations. Its members are young people, parents, grandparents, teachers, health professionals and others who wish to make a difference in the lives of children and youth.
2018 is an election year in Ontario. Provincial elections take place in June, municipal and school board elections in October. Help us to make the better treatment of children and youth an election issue. See How You Can Help.
- the importance of play and being out in nature (See our first Blog post.)
- the benefits to involving children and youth meaningfully in making decisions that affect them
- equity and acceptance for children and youth of all cultures, persuasions, and abilities
- active and safe routes to school and throughout communities
- healthy living initiatives and activities in the community
- ways to cultivate creativity and innovation
- preventing depression and supporting those afflicted
- schools of the future
- the needs of teachers in a changing learning environment
- the skills and attitudes needed to be successful in the 21st century